This Code of Conduct is an integral part of involvement with Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society. The Code of Conduct requires all members, students, volunteers, staff members, parents, and guardians of members to:
1. Refrain from words, actions and behaviour - in any medium - that demonstrate disrespect for other members, students, volunteers, staff members, or the family members of such individuals.
2. Uphold Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society’s reputation and integrity by ensuring that their conduct, whether in person, online, or otherwise, brings honour and dignity to Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society.
3. Be vigilant in ensuring an environment that is safe and protects all members, students, volunteers and staff members from emotional, physical, verbal and sexual abuse.
4. Respect other members’, students’, volunteers’ and staff members’ rights to privacy and the confidentiality of their personal information.
5. Act with honesty and integrity when dealing with property, monies and any other assets belonging to Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society.
6. Respect and abide by the laws of Canada and of the Province of British Columbia.
7. Treat members’, students’, volunteers’, and staff members’ families fairly, knowing Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society does not tolerate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical ability, political beliefs, socio-economic status, health-related status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other grounds enumerated in the human rights legislation of the jurisdiction in which the individuals involved are located.
In addition, members, students, volunteers and staff members will:
1. Subscribe to the principles of Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society and adhere to Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society’s bylaws, policies and procedures.
2. Fulfill their roles and responsibilities as stated in their position descriptions (where applicable) and act within the limitations of their authority in the discharge of their duties.
3. Diligently maintain the confidentiality of any information regarding Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society that they have obtained in the course of performing their roles in the Society and that is not generally available to the public.
Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts Society reserves the right to take action regarding any breach of the Code of Conduct. Where serious breaches in the Code of Conduct occur among members, students, volunteers or staff members, a representative of Amber Academy will contact the offender(s) or their family/caregiver and victim(s) or their family/caregiver and take appropriate action. Such action may include:
2. Recording of the incident
3. Letter of apology
4. Replacement of damaged property
5. Suspension or expulsion from Amber Academy programs and/or the Society